Add a Synthwave touch to your sound with this free plugin
After a few months, we are glad to share another free plugin with you: SQ8ROM emulation of the Ensoniq’s SQ-80!
The SQ8ROM is a free plugin that allows you to add 80s synthwave’s influences in your productions. Originally a wavetable workstation hardware released in 1987, it is now available as a free plugin (VST/AU).
The plugin is based on the sound and synthesizer architecture of the Ensoniq SQ80 and comes with 50 sounds, the remaining sounds are available as free expansions for a total of 168 sounds.
Note: This plugin is not free anymore.
- Compatible with Windows 7 and up or macOS High Sierra and up.
- The plugin requires 1 GB of HD space, 3.5 GB with the expansions.
- Windows VST plugins in both 32-bit and 64-bit format.
- Windows VST3 in 64-bit format only.
- macOS High Sierra and up VST, VST3 and AU plugins format (compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit systems).
- Compatible with the most popular DAWs on the market: Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase, FL Studio, Traktion, Mixcraft, Sony Acid, Presonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, and Apple’s Logic Pro.
Want to do more in audio?
Dedicate 16 months to learn and practice the tools and techniques used by industry leaders.