From recording to mastering, we are happy to share with you the main releases & updates announced during the NAMM 2020 at Anaheim earlier this month.
Brainworx & Shadow Hills Industries – Mastering Compressor Class A
The Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A Limited Edition is one of the most exclusive and powerful compressors ever built. Vintage King released the Class A in 2012, limiting production to only 50 units!
- Emulation of the original Class A limited edition of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, endorsed by Shadow Hills Industries,
- Class-A discrete compressor section,
- Separate Optical and Discrete compression sections for two-stage compression techniques,
- Switchable Output Transformers – Nickel, which adds a nice top – end sparkle. Iron, which adds a little character in the mid’s, and Steel which adds additional harmonic distortion,
- Brainworx Plugin Only Features added to the additional panel: Brainworx´s TMT, Headroom, M/S Processing, Mono-Maker, Stereo Width, Parallel Mix, Sidechain Filter, External Sidechain, Scalable User Interface.
Universal AUDIO (UAD) – LUNA recording system
A full-featured music creation, recording, and analog-style production system shaped by over 60 years of analog audio exploration.
- Deep Apollo Integration — Fast, Natural Workflow,
- Built-In Neve® Summing — Instant Classic Console Sound,
- Integrated Multitrack Tape — Warmth and Punch on Demand,
- All-New LUNA Instruments — Incredible Realism to Fuel Inspiration.
LUNA will be available as a free download for Apollo and Arrow Thunderbolt audio interface owners (Mac only) in Spring 2020.
Oeksound – Soothe 2
Soothe 2 is a dynamic resonance suppressor. It identifies problematic resonances on the fly and applies matching reduction automatically. This results in a smoother, more balanced sound and saves you from having to notch out the frequencies by hand. The reduction kicks only when and where needed without affecting the nearby frequency aeras. This preserves the timbre of the original sound source and results in transparent treatment with minimal artifacts.
- Completely overhauled processing algorithm,
- Full frequency range operation,
- Attack and release speed adjustments,
- Two different processing modes for different uses,
- Full mid/side processing,
- Lower latency,
- Lower CPU load all-together, along with an even lighter Eco quality setting,
- Quality settings can be adjusted separately for offline rendering,
- Rewritten graphics rendering to offload most of the GUI drawing to the GPU for improved FPS even on older machines,
- Sidechain input.
IK Multimedia – Sunset Sound studios reverb
To capture both the unique acoustics of each studio as well as their characteristic vibe, IK created an all-new convolution engine to deliver the highest-possible quality reverb effects. And each impulse response was recorded using each studio’s unique console and Sunset’s extensive mic locker, so it’s as if you’re really there.
- Captures the acoustics of the iconic Sunset Sound Studios,
- Includes each studio’s live room, iso booth and 3 echo chambers,
- Includes 3 plate and spring reverbs,
- New convolution engine for ultra-realistic sound,
- Preserves the sound of each studio’s original console,
- Pre-Delay & Decay time controls, EQ and mic options,
- Works as a stand-alone plug-in or inside the T-RackS 5 Shell.
Vochlea – Dubler
“Your voice to MIDI instantly” – Dubler Studio Kit from Vochlea is a real-time vocal recognition MIDI controller. It offers up a never seen before way to translate your musical ideas into reality, using the one instrument you’ve been practising since birth- the voice.
With Dubler you can hum a melody or synth pattern, beatbox to trigger a virtual drumkit or manipulate effects and filters with a “hmmm”, “laaaa” or “ooohhh” sound- all in real-time.
- Dubler software & microphone,
- Compatible with any DAW,
- Pitch tracking to control melodic instruments and synths,
- Velocity responsive and envelope following,
- Control pitch bend,
- Teach it your voice in under 60 seconds,
- Percussive recognition to select and trigger up to 8 samples,
- Multi MIDI channel output – for simultaneous pitch and percussive control,
- Works with non-vocal sounds too (clicking, clapping, tapping),
- Low latency for real-time, live control,
- Key fixing for pitch assistance,
- Voice timbre mapped to 3 CC outputs, enabling effects control, blending, filters and more,
- Compatible with external MIDI hardware & devices.